Tuesday, November 20, 2007

 

Exhausting, Exciting Weekend

Monday (12-11-07) saw A visit to Trinity College, Carmarthen to attend a meeting of the Carmarthen C.I.L. steering group.
Then on Thursday (15-11-07) I attended a meeting for the Swansea C.I.L. steering group, both meetings were very interesting.

Friday (16-11-07) saw us travel down to Hamble, Southampton for a Sailability http://www.rya.org.uk/AboutRYA/RYASailability/ Fundraising dinner, with Guest speaker Geoff Holt www.personaleverest.com .
It started @ 7.00pm, with a champagne reception.
I was told, a dinning table had been named after me !!
Plus I was emotionally surprised, that Geoff Holt, named me and used some photos of me, during his presentation, which he is using at all the events he is attending.
The auction, that was held to raise funds, was a bit out of my league, most items started at a low price of £1000. !!!!!
The meal was very good
Starter of pate, toast, lettuce, onion relish
Main chicken breast wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower and mange tout and rich gravy
Pudding, chocolate roulade and fruit cooli
Coffee and mints
Wine throughout.
Then retire to “mingle” or go to the bar.

Saturday, was a very exciting day.
Juilet (a close friend, who was also following Geoff Holt) and I went down to Hayling Island, Portsmouth to try out an Artemis 20 boat http://www.vizmarine.com/uk/index.htm which was being demonstrated by the managing director (Dave Rutter) and www.vizmarine.com .
This is the same boat as used by Hillary Lister, on her sailing challenge http://www.hilarylister.co.uk/da/18355 it is an awesome boat, very sleek, very fast and very strong (made of carbon-fibre)
Today it is back to normal. I am totally exhausted, but tomorrow I have a meeting at Ramada Hotel, Swansea of the Welsh Assembly Single Equality Scheme.
Photos are on www.llanboidy.com and on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanroygbiv/

Plus BBC Cymru/Wales has sent an invitation, for us to attend their Cardiff studios for “Festive” drinks in December.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?